Want to learn the art of macrame, but not sure where to start? Here are 30 of the best DIY macrame kits for beginners! (Including tools, accessories, and instructions.) Affiliate links in post.
Guys, I am pre-warning you now: 2022 is the year of macrame. I’ve been promising myself that I’ll learn the craft for the past two years – but, considering the fact that my unemployment starts tomorrow, I now have the time!
If you want to join me in learning a new skill for 2022, you’re in the right place! I’ve curated 30 of the best DIY macrame kits for beginners that the internet has to offer. These all come with everything you need to get started from supplies to handy instructions – and each and everyone has absolutely glowing reviews!
As always, I have made an effort to select products by small businesses on Etsy. So, if you do want to make a purchase, you can feel good about the fact you’re making someone’s day.
Table Of Contents
- 1 1. This 3-In-1 Macrame Kit Shows You How To Create Boho Wall Art
- 2 2. Not Ready To Tackle Knots Yet? This Olive Green Etsy Macrame KIt Is Simple, But Beautiful
- 3 3. Black Rope Is SUper Sleek! learn How To Make DIY Macrame Plant Hangers With This Handy Kit
- 4 4. You Can Support A Small Business And Learn To Make Adorable Coasters In One Go!
- 5 5. Add A Pop Of Color To Any Room With This Rainbow Macrame Project
- 6 6. Craft A Gigantic Moon Catcher With tHIS All-In-One Kit & Video Tutorial
- 7 7. This Small Business On Etsy Sells Stunning Macrame Kits For Dreamcatchers!
- 8 8. I’m Obsessed With This Macrame Photo Display!
- 9 9. This Kit Shows You How To Make Adorable Floral Keychains
- 10 10. Learn To Make Coasters, A Shelf And Wall Art With This Kit
- 11 11. This Crescent Moon Macrame Kit Is Beyond Cute!
- 12 12. DIY A Little Garland In A Few Easy Steps
- 13 13. DIY This Floral Rustic Wall Hanging For An Instant Style Boost To Any Room
- 14 14. MAKE a Macrame Bag With tHIS kIT
- 15 15. Add Some Boho Flair To Your Home With This Macrame Cactus Ornament Kit
- 16 16. Use This Kit To Make Adorable DIY Plant Hangers
- 17 17. This Macrame Kit Teaches You To Make Three Types Of Keychain
- 18 18. How Adorable Is This Owl Macrame Kit?
- 19 19. Want A Large Wall Decoration? This Macrame Kit Is For You!
- 20 20. Easy Macrame Keychain Kit
- 21 21. Create Macrame Air Plant Holders With This All-In-oNE kIT
- 22 22. This Stunning Etsy Find Shares Everything You Need To DIY A CLay Pot & A Macrame Plant Holder
- 23 23. This Simple Wall Art Kit Comes In An Array Of Gorgeous Colours
- 24 24. If You’re A Fellow Plant Lover, Make Sure You DOn’t Miss This Macrame Shelf Kit
- 25 25. Learn How To Weave A Macrame Dreamcatcher With This Kit
- 26 26. Use This Practical DIY Macrame Kit To Create Your Own Vertical Garden
- 27 27. This Next Macrame Kit Combines Crystals And Rope!
- 28 28. Macrame Wall Hanging Kit
- 29 29. Okay, Our Next Option Is Absolutely Add-To-cart Worthy
- 30 30. Lastly, Another Gorgeous Plant Hanger Macrame Kit
Our first choice is a handy kit that shares how to make three bohemian wall decor pieces. Great value for money!
Now, macrame is definitely a skill – there’s so much knowledge and creativity that goes into it! However, if you’re a little overwhelmed by all the knots to learn, this is the perfect beginner kit. (And the colour is gorgeous!)
If you’ve read any of the other posts on this blog, you likely know all about my obsession with plants. (Although, can you even blame me? They’re gorgeous.) So I absolutely had to include a kit for DIY-ing plant hangers! I would totally use this.
DO YOU LOVE PLANTS? CHECK OUT SOME OF MY FAVOURITE WAYS TO DISPLAY THEM BELOW:
These would make utterly adorable DIY gift ideas too, don’t you think?
I’m obsessed with how these gorgeous rope rainbows turn out! Like I mentioned in my 30 DIY dollhouse ideas post, our friends are having a baby girl soon – and I would totally make this for her nursery!
How unbelievably stunning is this moon catcher? This entire macrame kit is perfect for beginners according to the reviews – but I’m absolutely stunned at what great value it is.
I know, I know – you’re looking at that image thinking “Mia, I couldn’t possibly create something that stunning!”. Well, you’re wrong and you can. Hell, once you’ve learnt, you could probably sell these on Etsy yourself!
Another quirky Etsy find that I would love to recreate! I love how simply this craft is – but it’s still a super cute home decor piece.
Okay, so I think this is my favourite kit! I’m obsessed with the colour scheme of these keyrings – and, not gonna lie, I would love to learn this pattern and use it to create some funky 70s plant hangers.
Our next choice is an Amazon find – and absolutely fantastic value for money. You get the supplies and instructions for 3 different crafts in one beginner-friendly kit. I’m loving the colour choice of the green too!
We all know that macrame is the ultimate boho room decor vibe – and this crescent moon hanging demonstrates why perfectly!
Another macrame kit for beginners I highly recommend is this little bunting kit. Again, I think this could be the perfect DIY addition to a nursery!
I’m sure it comes as no surprise to anyone that I absolutely love botanicals. Flowers make me so happy – and look stunning wherever they are! This kit teaches you to craft a gorgeous floral wreath. You could even amend the floral elements used each season.
A super practical idea!
These little ornaments are utterly adorable! If you like boho Christmas decorations, this could be a fun idea to pin for next year . . .
Now, this is not an idea I’d come across before – but you know damn well I want to recreate it! Hanging plants in macrame holders? Sign me all the way up.
This is the perfect macrame kit for beginners who don’t want to be too overwhelmed! There are three mini-projects inside that will be helpful for teaching you the basic knots to get you kick-started.
Girl, this looks like it’s straight out of Animal Crossing and I am here for it. (Also – side note – how freaking good is Animal Crossing? That game holds a sacred space in my heart.)
This wall hanging is such a stunning decor piece – and would probably cost quite a lot to buy new! Save yourself some cash and pick up a productive new hobby with this kit instead.
These would make great little party favours!
My friends, let me tell you – I am utterly obsessed with air plants. I’m currently working on a compilation post for my favourite DIY air plant holder ideas that started off at 20 . . . and is now pushing 50. (Send help – Pinterest has me firmly in its clutches!)
Fancy a real creative project to sink your teeth into? Our next stunning Etsy find is not only one of my fave macrame kits for beginners – it’s also great for learning pottery! You heard me: a two for one whammy.
Macrame shelves are definitely something I want to learn to make. (In fact, I’ve already got the supplies ordered for them – so watch this space . . . )
Is this the most adorable item you’ve ever seen or what?
This kit is an instant add-to-cart for me – you guys know how much I love my gardening! In fact, if you’re also an avid plant enthusiast, make sure you check out these posts . . .
Oh my goodness. This is the ultimate boho craft – rope and crystals? What a whole vibe!
Someone please take my credit card away from me, I am far too tempted!
And we, of course, have to finish on another plant DIY! This simple kit is practical as well as pretty – and makes a super cute DIY propagation station!
Alright, my friends, we shall end at the end. I hope you enjoyed this roundup of the best macrame kits for beginners – which was your favourite? Have you tried macrame before? Let me know your thoughts below!